Selective Sharp Wound Debridement Certification
The Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement (CSWD-C) course is a national premier training program formulated to meet the basic educational needs of the Nurses working in different clinical settings. This course provides a comprehensive review about the Conservative / Selective Sharp Debridement and its application in Wound Management. In addition; skills competency session provides each attendee with the hands-on experience needed to function as a Conservative / Selective Sharp Wound Debridement Certified Nurse. Course participation will increase the knowledge, skills, ability and confidence of the attendees leading to improved patient outcomes.
- Define conservative / selective sharp wound debridement.
- Identify reasons for conservative / selective sharp wound debridement.
- Describe different types of wound debridement.
- Define anatomy and physiology of the integumentary system and the functional relationship of structure such as tendons, nerves and blood vessels.
- Discuss the indications and contraindications of Conservative / Selective Sharp Wound Debridement.
- Preparation for Conservative / selective Sharp Wound Debridement procedure.
- Discuss documentation post-conservative / selective sharp debridement procedure.
- Understand & follow safety precautions related to Sharp Debridement procedure.
- Demonstrate effective conservative sharp wound debridement techniques (Class Room Format Only).
- Documentation of CSWD and associated CPT Codes review for billing.
- Differentiation between Selective Debridement versus Non-Selective Debridement.
- Familiarization of all the required instruments and supplies needed for the Sharp debridement.
- Understand Pain associated with Sharp debridement procedure and management strategies.
Scope of Practice
- Licensed nurses. Registered Nurse (RN) / Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Conservative / selective sharp wound debridement, skill that requires substantial specialized judgment and proficiency, which is based on the knowledge and application of the principles of medical management as acquired by completing a specialized training program.
- Conservative / selective sharp wound debridement requires clinical supervision / delegation of a medical provider.
- Licensed nurse shall perform the skill with a focus on patient safety, and function within the parameters of the legal scope of practice and in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws; rules and regulations; and policies, procedures and guidelines of the employing health care institution or practice setting.
This is an (8) Eight hour program and may be taken online or in person. Online attendees may complete hands on skills competency with a qualified preceptor:
OPTION #1: One Day Onsite/Classroom Workshop
Involves lectures, interactive demonstrations and hands-on skills training.
OPTION #2: One Day Virtual Workshop / Live Session/ Web Based
Involves lectures, interactive learning and visual skills demonstration by the instructor.
Classroom Workshop Schedule
- January 14, 2023
- February 11, 2023
- March 11, 2023
- April 15, 2023
- May 13, 2023
- June 10, 2023
- July 15, 2023
- August 19, 2023
- September 09, 2023
- October 07, 2023
- November 11, 2023
- December 02, 2023
Virtual Workshop Schedule
- January 21, 2023
- February 18, 2023
- March 18, 2023
- April 22, 2023
- May 20, 2023
- June 17, 2023
- July 22, 2023
- August 26, 2023
- September 16, 2023
- October 14, 2023
- November 18, 2023
- December 09, 2023
- Ali A. Pitafi MD
- Alex Khan APRN ACNS-BC MSN EDS-C WCP-C
- Martha Snyder APRN FNP-C MSN EDS-C WCP-C
- Angie Machado LVN WCC DFC WCN-C
- Shawn Amersi RN BSN WCN-C CSWD-C
- Kari Harman RN-C, CCM, CWCA, WCN-C, CSWD-C, AACCWS, DAPWCA
$ 500.00 – Includes Training, Study guide, and final evaluation and Certification Registry with OWCNAHP
Time: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Break: 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
- 8.0 Hours – Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Credits
- A.M. Working LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. LT0332-1222.
Who May Attend
- LVN – Licensed Vocational Nurses
- LPN – Licensed Practical Nurse
- RN – Registered Nurses