Wound Care Nurse Certification (WCN-C)
The Wound Care Nurse Certification (WCN-C) course is a national premier training program formulated to meet the basic educational needs of the licensed nurses working in different clinical settings. This course provides a comprehensive review about the role of a licensed nurse in the Wound Care Specialty. In addition; skills competency session provides each attendee with the hands-on experience needed to function as a Wound Care Certified Nurse. Course participation will increase the knowledge, skills, ability and confidence of the attendees leading to improved patient outcomes.
- Anatomy & Physiology of the skin.
- Phases of wound healing.
- Basic fundamentals of wound care.
- Classification of wounds: Identification & Management.
- Wound Care Dressings: Properties & Uses.
- Types, properties and uses of wound debridement.
- Scope of practice. Role of Wound Care Nurse: Assessment, Documentation, Infection Control, Consultation and Monitoring.
- Skills Lab: Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Dressing, Wound culture technique, Compression therapy, Aseptic dressing change technique, Circulation assessment utilizing Doppler and wound measurement technique.
Scope of Practice
- Licensed nurses. Registered Nurse (RN) / Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Wound Care nurse role requires delivery of care that utilizes substantial specialized knowledge, judgement and skills, which are based on the clinical research and application of the principles of wound management as acquired by completing a specialized training program.
- Wound care nurse activities require clinical supervision / delegation of a medical provider.
- Licensed nurse working as a certified wound care nurse shall perform his/her duties per the prescribing medical provider orders with a focus on patient safety, and function within the parameters of the legal scope of practice and in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws; rules and regulations; and policies, procedures and guidelines of the employing health care institution or practice setting.
This is an (8) Eight hour program and may be taken online or in person. Online attendees may complete hands on skills competency with a qualified preceptor.
OPTION #1 : One Day Onsite/Classroom Workshop
Involves lectures, interactive demonstrations and hands-on skills training.
OPTION #2: One Day Virtual Workshop / Live Session
Involves lectures, interactive learning and visual skills demonstration by the instructor.
Classroom Workshop Schedule
- January 14, 2023
- February 11, 2023
- March 11, 2023
- April 15, 2023
- May 13, 2023
- June 10, 2023
- July 15, 2023
- August 19, 2023
- September 09, 2023
- October 07, 2023
- November 11, 2023
- December 02, 2023
Virtual / Web Based Workshop Schedule
- January 21, 2023
- February 18, 2023
- March 18, 2023
- April 22, 2023
- May 20, 2023
- June 17, 2023
- July 22, 2023
- August 26, 2023
- September 16, 2023
- October 14, 2023
- November 18, 2023
- December 09, 2023
- Ali A. Pitafi MD
- Alex Khan APRN ACNS-BC MSN EDS-C WCP-C
- Martha Snyder APRN FNP-C MSN EDS-C WCP-C
- Angie Machado LVN WCC DFC WCN-C
- Shawn Amersi RN BSN WCN-C CSWD-C
- Kari Harman RN-C, CCM, CWCA, WCN-C, CSWD-C, AACCWS, DAPWCA
$ 500.00 – Includes Training, Study guide, and final evaluation and Certification Registry with OWCNAHP
TIME: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
BREAK: 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
- 8.0 Hours – Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Credits
- A.M. Working LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. LT0332-1222.
Who May Attend
- LVN – Licensed Vocational Nurses
- LPN – Licensed Practical Nurse
- RN – Registered Nurses