Wound Care Certification PT-WC/OT-WC
Wound Care Certification Course; PT & OT WC is developed to meet the fundamental educational requirements of Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists, who are involved in caring for clients with Wounds. This course prepares Physical & Occupational Therapists to work side by side with the Wound care providers and collaborate as a Certified Wound Care PT/OT. This course provides comprehensive review about different types of wounds and management strategies currently utilized nationally. In addition; skills competency session provides each attendee with the hands-on experience needed to function as a Wound Care Certified PT / OT. Course participation will increase the knowledge, skills, ability and confidence of the attendees leading to improved patient outcomes.
- Anatomy & Physiology of the skin.
- Phases of wound healing.
- Basic fundamentals of wound care.
- Classification of wounds: Identification & Management.
- Wound Care Dressings: Properties & Uses.
- Types, properties and uses of wound debridement.
- Scope of practice. Role of Wound Care Nurse: Assessment, Documentation, Infection Control, Consultation and Monitoring.
- Skills Lab: Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Dressing, Wound culture technique, Compression therapy, Aseptic dressing change technique, Circulation assessment utilizing Doppler and wound measurement technique.
Scope of Practice
- Licensed Physical therapist (PT), Physical therapist Assistant (PTA)
- Licensed Occupational Therapist (OT), Occupational Therapist Assistant (OTA)
- Wound Care Physical / Occupational Therapist role requires delivery of care that utilizes substantial specialized knowledge, judgement and skills, which are based on the clinical research and application of the principles of wound management as acquired by completing a specialized training program. PT/OT provides thorough evaluation of the patient wounds prior to administering physical rehabilitation exercises and treatments. Assessing patient musculoskeletal function, mobility, and strength is unique to physical & occupational therapist’s expertise.
- Wound care PT & OT services require clinical supervision / delegation of a medical provider.
- Physical & Occupational Therapists certified in Wound Care shall perform his/her duties per the prescribing medical provider orders with a focus on patient safety, and function within the parameters of the legal scope of practice and in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws; rules and regulations; and policies, procedures and guidelines of the employing health care institution or practice setting.
This is an (8) Eight hour program and may be taken online or in person. Online attendees may complete hands on skills competency with a qualified preceptor:
OPTION #1: One Day Onsite/Classroom Workshop
Involves lectures, interactive demonstrations and hands-on skills training.
OPTION #2: One Day Virtual Workshop / Live Session / Web Based
Involves lectures, interactive learning and visual skills demonstration by the instructor.
Classroom Workshop Schedule
- January 14, 2023
- February 11, 2023
- March 11, 2023
- April 15, 2023
- May 13, 2023
- June 10, 2023
- July 15, 2023
- August 19, 2023
- September 09, 2023
- October 07, 2023
- November 11, 2023
- December 02, 2023
Virtual / Web Based Workshop Schedule
- January 21, 2023
- February 18, 2023
- March 18, 2023
- April 22, 2023
- May 20, 2023
- June 17, 2023
- July 22, 2023
- August 26, 2023
- September 16, 2023
- October 14, 2023
- November 18, 2023
- December 09, 2023
- Ali A. Pitafi MD
- Alex Khan APRN ACNS-BC MSN EDS-C WCP-C
- Martha Snyder APRN FNP-C MSN EDS-C WCP-C
- Angie Machado LVN WCC DFC WCN-C
- Shawn Amersi RN BSN WCN-C CSWD-C
- Kari Harman RN-C, CCM, CWCA, WCN-C, CSWD-C, AACCWS, DAPWCA
$ 500.00 – Includes Training, Study guide, and final evaluation and Certification Registry with OWCNAHP
TIME: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
BREAK: 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
- 8.0 Hours – Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Credits
- A.M. Working LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. LT0332-1222.
Who May Attend
- PT – Physical Therapist
- PTA – Physical Therapist Assistant
- OT – Occupational Therapist
- OTA – Occupational Therapist Assistant