ROLE: NURSE PRACTITIONER | CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST
Advanced Health Institute (AHI) offers Skin & Wound Management Practicum program for all medical professionals interested in gaining added clinical experience. This program provides direct exposure to the wound care practice and allows you to assist and shadow a Wound Care Specialist practicing in different clinical settings. This program empowers you to develop the skills, attitudes, values and professionalism that enable safe, ethical, evidenced based practice and ultimately prepare you to be a competent Wound Care Professional.
Goals of Clinical Education
- Translate theory into practice
- Foster problem solving and decision making skills
- Collaborate with other medical professionals
- Develop legal/ethical morals
All AHI preceptors have the following minimum qualifications:
- Possess unencumbered, active licensure. (MD, DO, DPM, PA, APRN, RN)
- A baccalaureate or higher degree in nursing from an accredited institution. (For RNs Only)
- A Master’s or Doctorate degree from an accredited institution. (For APRNs & PAs)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the area of clinical specialty.
AHI Faculty & Preceptors
- APRNs must have an Advanced Practice license with national certification.
- RNs must have at least two years of experience in wound care clinical practice with national certification.
- APRNs/NPs must have prescriptive authority.
- Must submit license, credentials, and an updated curriculum vitae (CV) to AHI.
All applicants are expected to be flexible (i.e. time, location) to maximize their learning experience opportunities. Although AHI makes every effort to schedule the applicants between Monday through Saturday during the usual office hours. However, some sites may require extended hours. Clinical experience hours are to be coordinated and scheduled at the convenience and availability of the preceptor without interfering with applicant’s work schedule and other responsibilities.
The applicant will be awarded a Certificate of Completion reflecting hours completed during the program.
*Applicants may choose how many hours they wish to complete.